Saturday, November 1, 2014

Auto-Biography

The Hard Times for a Kid

I’m a New York boy that’s lived around the world to know the difficulties of life for a colored person in certain areas.  I was born in Saint Vincent’s hospital in Staten Island, New York and lived in Tottenville, Staten Island for a few years.  My family was constantly moving cause of my dads job.  My dad was also in the military witch was a big impact on our moving as well.  I soon moved to a small town in Maryland where I lived for several years.

I lived in Hagerstown, Maryland for a couple years where my dad worked as a dentist and served in the military.  Till this day he flies back and forth every other week to Maryland to work.  When we moved to Maryland I attended Broadfording, which was a Christian school.  I had no problem making friends since everyone knew me cause my dad was the pastor of that schools church.  Maryland was one of those places that you are praised as a white but looked down upon if you are colored.  For a while when we lived there it was very difficult to go around to places without being stared.  But now that everyone knows us cause of my dad it’s more calm.  Soon we moved to Puerto Rico for about three years

I lived in Humacao, Puerto Rico in a community called Palmas Del Mar where I attended the private school in that community.  This was the first time I didn’t really see my dad all that much because he was constantly flying back to Maryland to work.  School was fun for me and I met many different people in that school.  Every year we visit Puerto Rico for our family vacation and stay in that community with our my grandparents.  During sixth grade we moved to Los Angeles, California where we still live till this day.

When I moved here I was home-schooled for the rest of sixth grade and then I went to John Burroughs Middle School seventh and eighth grade.  I now go to Fairfax Senior High School and have went here all three years.  One goal I have for this year is to get good grades and achieve what I didn’t in ninth and tenth grade.  So far I have had no serious problems with Fairfax and I actually enjoy going to Fairfax and wouldn’t rather go to any other high school.  Since I moved to California I have met many unique people and the people that are my friends, I'm glad I can call them that, are the best ever.  


Tottenvile will always be my home but I'm so glad that I've been given an opportunity to travel and meet so many different people.  California has opened my eyes to so many possibilities in life and I am so grateful of that.  Traveling and living in multiple different places really gives you an eye for what there is to pursue in life.  After high school i plan to take a road trip from california all the way to new York with friends and just explore what there is out there in this beautiful continent.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great essay. I learned a lot about you from this essay. You had a very interesting life moving from place to place.

    ReplyDelete